The Office for National Statistics reveals the following staggering statistics amongst divorced women:
- 1 in 5 who had pension provision when married have stopped paying into a pension scheme after getting divorced
- More than 2 in 5 will be worse off financially following divorce
- 38% who had pensions arrangements during their marriage do not know hat happened to their pension pot when they divorced
- Whilst 66% of female divorcees over 40 years old rely on State pensions in retirement, only 29% rely on their savings and 12% on their investments
- 1 in 5 have no idea at all about their pension provisions since their divorce
- 2 in 5 have no idea what settlement they received following their divorce and only 6% received pensions sharing order or pension earmarking order.
At Ringrose Law, we have a specialist Divorce and Financial Settlement team that is competent and able to assist you through your most difficult times and who will guide you through every step of the process.