Ringrose Law Solicitors are a Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire firm that has been providing a service to clients for over 100 years. However, we have actively pursued change over the last five years to ensure we are a leading law firm in today’s market.
Our position as a preeminent private client and conveyancing firm has been strengthened in the last few years by a growing reputation for helping SME’s and owner managed businesses. We pride ourselves in our approachability, pragmatism and being able to provide advice and support across all aspects of a business.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Secretary to join our successful Family Department, working alongside fee earners. The successful candidate must have experience in a legal secretarial role, preferably in a family law environment, and will provide support to the Family Department Team Leader.
To be successful for this role you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is based in Newark although some flexibility may be required to work in our other office locations.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Typing legal documents.
- Managing files using the case management system (Proclaim)
- Opening, closing and maintaining files
- Liaise with clients and contacts both on the phone and in person
- Administrational duties such as file management and archiving.
- General administrative support
- Reception duties
- Proven experience working in a legal secretarial practice, preferably within a family law department.
- Exceptional and accurate typing skills, with a typing speed of 65+ wpm
- Proven IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills; good written skills are essential with close attention to detail
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management, diary management and admin assistance
- Ability to use initiative
- A friendly, positive and pro-active approach
- Full, clean UK driving license
- A knowledge of Proclaim case management system advantageous