A new opportunity has arisen for a Residential Conveyancing Paralegal to join our successful Conveyancing Department.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Conveyancer to work on a variety of conveyancing maters from start to completion.
To be successful for this role you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is based in Newark.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Giving estimates of costs to new clients.
- Taking initial instructions for both freehold and leasehold sales and purchases and remortgages.
- Typing legal documents.
- Typing correspondence and photocopying.
Managing files using the case management system (Proclaim).
- Opening, closing and maintaining files.
- Liaising with clients and contacts both on the phone and in person.
- Administration duties such as file management and archiving.
- To provide support to other members of the Property department as may be required.
- To ensure confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Required to get involved in business development and marketing.
Experience and skills required.
- Proven IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have conveyancing experience in a similar role and be fully confident managing conveyancing matters from start to completion.
- Good knowledge of property processes and procedures.
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills; good written skills are essential with close attention to detail.
- A friendly, positive and pro-active approach – naturally you will have fantastic client care skills.
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management, diary management and admin assistance.
- Ability to use initiative.
- A knowledge of Proclaim case management system advantageous.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Staff discount
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff suggestion scheme
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Flexible working
- Life assurance scheme