Our Personal Injury and Medical Negligence Department is looking to employ someone with either a law degree or LPC qualification and some experience of working within a law firm, in order to assist with the running of a full and busy caseload and/or develop their own caseload.
The Department has established a reputation for providing a quality and personal service which meets the needs of our clients. The Personal Injuries team provide a very down to earth and approachable service working for a variety of clients.
They are currently very busy and continually seeking out new opportunities with marketing and business development openly encouraged. They are progressive in their approach and very forward thinking.
The successful candidate will be expected to assume the responsibilities of assisting with a demanding case load, under supervision, and/or build their own caseload as well as be committed to helping build the department further to achieve its business objectives. As such, in addition to the conduct of clinical negligence cases there may also be the opportunity for the candidate to deal with personal injury cases. It will be necessary that the successful candidate is a team player and can contribute towards the growth of the department. This may involve participation in marketing events, seminars and generally being able and wanting to build on their experience. A full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
We have offices in Lincoln, Newark, Sleaford, Grantham, Boston and Spalding
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
- To actively promote the firm’s full range of services on conclusion of each matter.
- To manage all client work allocated by the Head of Department.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs.
- Exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm.
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- Law Degree or LPC qualification
- Experience of working within a law firm
- Excellent IT and case management skills, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Full UK driving licence
- Be able to present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators,
- Socially confident with good written and oral communication skills.
- Hardworking and able to work to tight deadlines.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience in departmental specialist area.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Staff discount
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff suggestion scheme
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Flexible working
- Life assurance scheme