An exciting opportunity to join the senior management team of an established respected professional services legal partnership.
A hands-on self-starter with professional/service industry background and experience. A team leader with a proven skill set of managing and mentoring . Experienced and confident in dealing with banks, other lending institutions, and supplier contract renewals. Experience of operating in multi-ownership/multi-site structures would be advantageous.
- Manage relationships with all external financial institutions
- Contribute to the strategic decisions within the organisation as part of the Management Board
- Generate new financial reports to support operational efficiencies
- Deliver on-going training and tuition to senior staff members on Financial Management and Excel skills
- Lead the renewal of contracts demonstrating good negotiation skills
- Manage a team of 5 Accounts staff, 2 Costing staff and 4 IT staff.
- Support the IT team to develop the IT strategy for the organisation
- Work with the Company’s Accountants to ensure tax compliance
- Generate and regularly review all accounting procedures and systems.
- Preparation and monitoring of:
- Cash flow forecasts
- Monthly financial reports and meaningful board reporting with analytics.
- Annual budget cycle including 3-year high level plans
- Be qualified to CIMA / ACCA / ACA level
- Highly articulate in MS Office including preferred expert level in Excel
- Ability to produce management accounts from trial balance information and statutory accounts up to pre-audit level.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and strong team focus
- Proven negotiation skills
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- An ability to work accurately to tight timescales.
- Good decision-making ability and self-confidence.
Additional Preferable Skills
- Knowledge of Eclipse Proclaim software.
- IT project experience or an IT business analysis qualification
- Has delivered within a change management project
- Ability (if not known) to assimilate Solicitor’s Accounts rules
Consideration will be given to a current Financial Controller seeking to aspire to a position with more responsibility.