Our Personal Injury Department is one of the foremost in the region and is currently looking for a candidate with 1-3 years PQE, in order to run a full and busy caseload of clinical negligence (possibly also with some personal injury cases) cases ranging from taking new instructions through to trial or settlement of litigated cases.
The Department has established a reputation for providing a quality and personal service which meets the needs of our clients. The Personal Injury team provides a very down to earth and approachable service working for a variety of clients, with a track record of achieving excellent results.
Our team are currently very busy and continually seeking out new opportunities with marketing and business development is openly encouraged. They are progressive in their approach and very forward thinking.
The successful candidates will be expected to assume the responsibilities of handling a demanding case load. It will be necessary that the successful candidates are team players and can contribute towards the growth of the department. This may involve participation in marketing events, seminars and generally being able and wanting to build on their experience. A full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
We have offices in Lincoln, Newark, Sleaford, Grantham, Boston and Spalding, and this role will be based predominantly in our Lincoln office.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
- To manage all client work allocated by the Head of Department.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs.
- Exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To achieve set performance targets.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm.
- To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- Law Degree (or equivalent); LPC qualification; Legal Executive qualification.
- 1 – 3 years PQE experience of clinical negligence (+ personal injury) within a law firm.
- Excellent IT and case management skills, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Previous experience of working with case management systems will be an advantage.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Be able to present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators.
- Socially confident with good written and oral communication skills.
- Hardworking and able to work to tight deadlines.
The salary’s will be competitive and commensurate with experience in the departmental specialist area.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Staff discount
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox membership.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.