Due to expansion, a new opportunity has arisen for an experienced part time Secretary to join our Family Department. The successful applicant will work alongside fee earners and other support staff. The successful candidate must have experience in a legal secretarial role, preferably in a family law environment.
To be successful for this role you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication and English language skills. You will be hard working and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is based in Grantham and is 20 hours per week. The time and number of days can be flexible.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Typing short and lengthy legal and administrative dictated documents
- Managing files using the case management system (Proclaim)
- Opening, closing and maintaining files
- Liaising with clients and contacts both on the phone, by email and in person
- Administrational duties such as file management and archiving
- Billing and claiming profit costs from the Legal Aid Agency
- General administrative support
- Reception duties
- Proven experience working in a legal secretarial practice, preferably within a family department.
- Exceptional and accurate dictation typing skills, with a typing speed of 65+ wpm
- Proven IT skills including the ability to effectively and efficiently us Word, Outlook and Excel
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills; good written skills are essential with close attention to detail
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management, diary management and admin assistance
- Ability to use initiative
- A friendly, positive and pro-active approach
- Full, clean UK driving license
- A knowledge of Proclaim case management system advantageous
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave (prorated for part time roles)
- Staff discount
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox membership