Family Mediation can cover arrangements for children where parents are divorcing or separating.
Commonly, it is a question of where children will live and how often they will see the other parent.
But these are not the only issues we deal with as Family Mediators. We will cover:
- Issues surrounding Parental Responsibility, for example change of surname.
- Whether one parent can relocate to another Country with the children and if so, what the future practical arrangements will be for the children to see and remain in contact with the other parent.
- Discrete issues such as arrangements for Christmas, Holidays or special occasions, e.g Weddings.
- Child Maintenance where parents do not want to use the Child Maintenance Service.
- Help parents communicate in situations where communication has broken down.
- Help parents understand children’s needs on a practical and emotional level.
Direct consultation with children
Both Mediators at Ringrose Family Mediation Service have specialist qualifications to directly involve children in the Mediation process.
The model we use is for one Mediator to work with the parents and the other Mediator to work with the children. Their views can then be fed into the Mediation process and hopefully achieve an agreement that has a positive outcome for the family as a whole.
If you are interested in Family Mediation would you please contact the Mediation Administrator, Helen Armstrong on 10205 311511, or email her at email@example.com
Our Mediation services are available from all our offices in Lincoln, Boston, Grantham, Spalding, Sleaford and Newark.
We have a Legal Aid contract at all of our offices for those who qualify financially for Legal Aid.
Where one party qualifies for Legal Aid, the other party is entitled to a MIAM free of charge and the first Mediation session free of charge.