A new opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join our Family Department in Spalding.
The successful candidate should ideally have prior experience working in a Family Department in a law firm.
To be successful for this role, you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is based in Spalding although some flexibility may be required to work in our other office locations.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:-
- Advising clients in areas of Family Law and associated proceedings.
- Managing files using the Proclaim Case Management System (training will be provided).
- Attending out of office meetings relating to Family matters.
- Completing Legal Aid Applications online.
- Completing Legal Help Assessments.
- Summarising and drafting documents.
- Sitting behind Counsel at court.
- Forging links with and maintaining links with local referral agencies, for example Women’s Aid, Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Assisting other members of the Family Department when required.
- Experience within a Family Law Department.
- IT skills, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, good written skills are essential with close attention to detail.
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management and diary management.
- Ability to use initiative.
- A friendly, positive and proactive approach.
- A full UK driving licence.
- A knowledge of Proclaim Case Management System advantageous.