A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our successful Criminal Department.
You will work closely with a team of fee earners, dealing with complex and interesting cases.
To be successful for this role you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is based in Lincoln.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Typing legal documents, letters & invoices etc.
- Managing files using the case management system (Proclaim)
- Opening, closing and maintaining client files
- Preparing case papers
- Answering the telephone and dealing with initial enquiries.
- Liaise with clients and contacts both on the phone and in person (to include Counsel’s Clerk, Court, and Police Station etc.)
- Arranging Prison Legal Visits and Conferences with Counsel
- Managing and maintaining diaries for lawyers
- General administrative support and offering support/assistance to other fee earners within the Team if necessary
- Covering reception during holidays/ busy periods
- Proven experience in a legal secretarial practice, preferably with knowledge of crime working practices
- Exceptional and accurate audio typing skills, with a typing speed of 65+ wpm
- Experience using digital dictation
- Proven IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills; good written skills are essential with close attention to detail
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management, diary management and admin assistance
- Ability to use initiative
- A friendly, positive and pro-active approach
- A working knowledge of case management systems advantageous, although training will be given.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff discount
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox membership