A new opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary to join our successful Personal Injury Department and Clinical Negligence Department.
You will work closely with a team of fee earners, dealing with complex and interesting cases.
To be successful for this role you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hardworking and be able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is based in Lincoln.
Activities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Typing legal documents, correspondence, invoices etc.
- Managing files using the case management system (Proclaim).
- Opening, closing and maintaining client files.
- Organising Court and Limitation diaries.
- Prioritising Court/Limitation dates and preparing relevant case papers.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced department and to deadlines.
- Good telephone manner.
- Taking initial enquiries.
- Liaise with clients and contacts both on the phone and in person.
- Making travel arrangements for lawyers/clients.
- Managing and maintaining diaries for lawyers.
- Administrational duties such as file management and archiving, keeping reference publications up to date.
- General administrative support and offering support/assistance to other fee earners within the Team if necessary.
- Proven experience in a legal secretarial practice, preferably with knowledge of Personal Injury or Clinical Medical Negligence working practices.
- Exceptional and accurate audio typing skills, with a typing speed of 65+ wpm
- Proven IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Outstanding inter –personal and communication skills; good written skills are essential with close attention to detail.
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management, diary management and admin assistance
- Ability to use initiative
- A friendly, positive and pro-active approach
- Experience using digital dictation
- A working knowledge of case management systems advantageous, although training will be given.
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Staff discount
- Staff suggestion scheme
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox membership
- Life Assurance