A new opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join our Children Law Department in Lincoln.
The successful candidate should ideally have prior experience working in a Family/Children Law Department.
To be successful for this role, you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is full time and is based in Lincoln although some flexibility may be required to work in our other office locations.
Primarily the role will be mainly an administrative one with some fee earning, and activities will include, but are not limited to the following:-
- Assisting in Public Law, Private Law and Domestic Abuse cases
- Managing files using the Proclaim Case Management System (training will be provided).
- Attending out of office meetings relating to Family matters.
- Completing Legal Aid Applications online.
- Completing Legal Help Assessments.
- Summarising and drafting documents.
- Sitting behind Counsel at court.
- Forging links with and maintaining links with local referral agencies, for example Women’s Aid, Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Assisting other members of the Family Department when required.
- IT skills, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, good written skills are essential with close attention to detail.
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management and diary management.
- Ability to use initiative.
- A friendly, positive and proactive approach.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Experience within a Family/Children Law Department.
- A knowledge of Proclaim Case Management System is advantageous.
- 25 days annual leave
- Staff discount
- Staff suggestion scheme
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox membership
- Life Assurance
- Staff events
We are not currently using agencies to fill this post.