Due to continued expansion we are recruiting for a qualified Children Law Solicitor to be based at our Boston Office. Applications from candidates who would like to work part time will be considered.
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years PQE in Children Law.
To be successful for this role, you will present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working, highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is ideally to be based in Boston although some flexibility may be required to work in our other office locations.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following:-
- Advising and representing clients in areas of Children Law. This can be in private and/or public law.
- Conducting advocacy in and out of court
- Managing members of the Children Department, to include file reviews, 1-2-1s and appraisals, across various offices.
- Managing files using the Proclaim Case Management System (training will be provided).
- Assisting other members of the Children Department when required.
- Networking and creating and maintaining professional relationships.
- Experience within a Children Law Department.
- People management experience.
- IT skills, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Outstanding communication and advocacy skills.
- High standard of organisational skills required for file management and diary management.
- Ability to use initiative.
- A friendly, positive and proactive approach.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of Legal Aid regulations and procedures
- A knowledge of Proclaim Case Management System advantageous.
- Membership of the Children Panel
- Membership of Resolution
- Likely to be an accredited Resolution specialist in domestic abuse, or willing to work with the head of department with a view to gaining accreditation.
What we offer
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave (prorated for part time role)
- Staff discount
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox membership
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working