A new opportunity has arisen for a paralegal to join our successful Dispute Resolution Department.
You will work closely with and provide support to the Head of Department and other members of the team, dealing with complex and interesting cases.
To be successful for this role you will need to present a professional image at all times to clients and collaborators, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working and able to work to tight deadlines.
The position is full time and based in Lincoln but will involve regular travel to all of our other offices
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following;
- To actively promote the firm’s full range of services but to concentrate primarily on Litigation.
- Manage all client work allocated by the Head of Department or other fee-earners and in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s Office Manual.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on realistic outcomes, progress and on costs.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- Achieve agreed levels of billing and time recording per annum.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm.
- To ensure good working relationships with internal and external institutions and organisations.
- Take responsibility for and attend to self-development.
- In conjunction with the firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements.
- To support Departmental Head and other members of the Department and to be responsible for administration of the department
- Computer and case management skills
- Proven IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills; good written skills are essential with close attention to detail
- High standard of organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative
- A friendly, positive and pro-active approach
- 1-2 years working in a fee earning capacity in a civil litigation department of a law firm or in-house
- 25 days annual leave
- Staff discount
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox subscription
- Annual employee event
- Life Assurance
We are not currently using agencies to fill this role. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org