A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced fee earner (all levels to be considered) to join our expanding Wills & Probate Department.
To be successful for this role you will have had experience in Wills, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship applications to the Court of Protection. Knowledge of trusts would also be helpful. A willingness to work towards STEP will be expected and supported.
You will need to present a professional image at all times to clients, be well presented, confident and have first class communication skills. You will be hard working and able to work in an empathetic and sympathetic manner when dealing with the bereaved and those facing a loss of mental capacity.
The position will cover two of our offices, Boston and Newark but may involve travel to our other offices.
Activities will be varied and will include, but are not limited to the following;
- To actively promote the firm’s full range of services but to concentrate primarily on Wills, Probate and Private Client matters generally.
- Manage all client work allocated by the Head of Department or other fee-earners and in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s Office Manual.
- To ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on realistic outcomes, progress and on costs.
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all of the firm’s and client documentation and information.
- To achieve agreed levels of billing and time recording per annum.
- Maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the firm.
- To ensure good working relationships with internal and external institutions and organisations.
- To take responsibility for and attend to self-development.
- In conjunction with the firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements.
- To support Departmental Head and to be responsible for administration of the department.
- Qualified Solicitor or equivalent with experience of Private Client disciplines.
- Computer and case management skills
- Proven IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills; good written skills are essential with close attention to detail
- High standard of organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative
- A friendly, positive and pro-active approach
- Knowledge of Proclaim an advantage but not essential as training will be given
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (prorated for part time role)
- Staff discount
- Annual Holiday Sale/Purchase scheme
- Perkbox membership
- Life Assurance
We are not currently using agencies to fill this role.