My child has been involved in an accident, can I make a claim?

Yes if your child is under 18 then you can make a claim on their behalf. You would act as their “litigation friend” and would be able to provide instructions for them. At the end of their claim then the settlement would need to be approved by a judge. This would mean that you and your child would need to attend a very short and informal court hearing. Don’t worry we would go with you and will explain what will happen.

Your child’s compensation would then be paid into an investment account and would be paid to them when they reach 18.