The police continue to protect our streets every day, but sometimes they can get it wrong. Whether it be a wrongful arrest, false imprisonment, an assault or a false conviction, if you have been mistreated by the police you may have a compensation claim.

The Police arrested my client following a Road Traffic Accident and believing that he was driving under the influence of drugs. He had provided a zero reading on a roadside breath test, but due to the size of his pupils it was believed he was under the influence of drugs. Following examination by a doctor at the police station he was released with no further action.

We regularly help and represent people to pursue claims against the police, often people think they are unable to claim, or that it is best not to claim to avoid getting into further trouble, but you can and we can help you. Nearly all of our cases are funded on a no win, no fee basis.

The most common types of claims for actions against the police that we have dealt with include;

  • Wrongful arrest
  • Unlawful arrest and/or detained in custody (false imprisonment)
  • Assaulted of aggressive force used by the police
  • Falsely charged or convicted
  • Wrongful Arrest / False Imprisonment

For further information and advice on making a claim against the police contact the Ringrose Law team at one of our offices in Boston, Grantham, Lincoln, Newark, Sleaford and Spalding or call 01522 561020.

How can we help?

    Contact Details

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Google Privacy Policy, Our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.