Child Arrangements

Family Law

Often when a relationship breaks down and there are children involved issues of child contact agreements and arranging access can create problems. If you are not having regular child contact with your children or concerned that there is a lot of uncertainty as to when contact takes place then we can help you.

We have a team of experts able to help you, whether that involves applying for a Contact Order or a Residence Order we can work with you to reach the best child contact agreements for you and your child.

If you don’t have Parental Responsibility, we can explain how it can be obtained and what your rights and responsibilities are.

What are Child Arrangements?

It is of overriding importance for any children involved to have a stable and safe place to live.

When a relationship does break down between two parents, it is more than likely that the child will live primarily with one parent and the other will maintain ‘contact’ at regular, pre-arranged intervals, for example at weekends.

If a break-up is amicable this can be arranged quite easily, however if there is animosity between the parents then arranging future child arrangements can often end up going to Court.

Do we have to go to Court to sort out Child Arrangements?

One option to avoid going to Court can be mediation and here at Ringrose Law we have a family mediation team who can work with you to try and resolve any issues you may have about child contact arrangements, without having to go to Court.

The Mediation in Family Law process gives you a safe environment within which to negotiate which can be less stressful than the Court proceedings and can produce an outcome that you tailor to your own family rather than having an outcome imposed upon you by the Court.

If Family Mediation and negotiations between yourselves are not effective then it may be necessary to go to court to get the issues of child residence and child contact resolved.

Please contact us if you have any concerns or want some initial advice on child arrangements.

We are proud to be accredited by Resolution as a Specialist in the areas of Private Children Law and Domestic Violence.

For further advice and information contact the Ringrose Law family team in Boston, Grantham, Lincoln, Sleaford, Spalding and Newark.

Frequently Asked Questions

Start your Free Enquiry Form Start a Free Enquiry