Personal Injury Law Solicitors Lincolnshire

Personal Injury Law Solicitors Lincolnshire

We have one of the most experienced Personal Injury teams in Lincolnshire 

Call 01522 561020

Start a Free Enquiry

Personal Injury Law Solicitors Lincolnshire – looking after your interests

We have one of the most experienced teams in Lincolnshire who can help you claim the compensation you deserve, whether you have been involved in a road traffic accident, accident at work or suffered a personal injury, we are the dedicated Personal Injury Law Solicitors Lincolnshire.

Solicitor and Partner John Knight heads up the Personal Injury department, and has over 20 years of experience specialising in Personal Injury and Medical Negligence. As one of the most experienced Personal Injury teams in Lincolnshire, we can help you work out whether you have a claim straight away and our experienced Personal Injury team will make the claim process as simple and as easy to understand.

How can we do this?

Easy – we recover most of our costs from your opponent if we win. On the off chance that we do not win – we will not charge you. Click here for more details on our fees.

As experienced Personal Injury solicitors we know that your first considerations may well be obtaining the right health care to get you back on your feet and receiving any lost earnings as soon as possible. We pride ourselves in our ability to achieve this for you.

Finally, you have the peace of mind knowing that your claim is being taken on by a dedicated personal injury law solicitor who will work together with you to ensure that you will receive the maximum compensation you deserve.

Don’t Delay Claim Now!

We have offices in Lincoln, Boston, Grantham, Sleaford, Newark and Spalding, and we offer home appointments.

Click here and a member of our expert team will contact you or call 01522 561020.

What should I do if I have an Accident at Work?

The first things you need to make sure you do are report the accident to your employer; they should have certain reporting procedures to follow if there is a Health and Safety representative at your place of work they should also be informed about the accident. If there were any witnesses then get their names and addresses and a brief account of what happened, witness statements may be required further down the line.

Can I be sacked if I make a claim for compensation?

No, your employer is not allowed to terminate your employment because you are making a claim for compensation. Remember, any compensation you receive will not be paid by your employer directly but will be paid by their public liability insurers.

Do I have to pay a fee if I win my claim?

If your claim is successful and you are awarded compensation, the other side’s insurance company will normally pay all your basic legal costs.

What will happen if I lose my claim?

If you lose your claim then you will not be required to pay a penny. This is because all our personal injury cases that are not covered by legal expense insurance are handled on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning that, if you do not win, you do not pay a fee.

What if I have legal expenses insurance?

If you have legal expenses insurance then your claim is covered, should you lose, you still don’t have to pay anything. If you win your claim your legal costs get paid by the other sides’ insurers.

Do I have to use the solicitors recommended to me by my legal expense insurers?

Absolutely not. You have freedom of choice of your solicitor. Furthermore, most “recommended/panel solicitors” are only recommended because they pay your legal expense insurer for your claim. The recommendation is not usually based on quality. If you are tempted to use a panel firm, always ask them if they pay for your case.

What is the time limit for making a claim?

The time limit for initiating a claim is usually three years. However, there are a number of exceptions to this, including children under 18 and claimants suffering from a mental disability. Also, with some injuries, symptoms can take a long time to develop, such as with work industrial claims/asbestosis claims. In such cases, the time limit runs from when you were first aware of the symptoms.

What can I claim for?

You can claim compensation for the pain and suffering that your injuries have caused you. You can also include out of pocket expenses that you have suffered as a result of the accident. This can include items such as; lost earnings; medical expenses and damaged items.

Will I have to go to court?

The majority of claims are decided without the need for a trial hearing and so it is unlikely that you will have to go to court. If you do our team has years of experience of representing clients at court hearings and will be able to guide you through the process.

What if my accident happened whilst I was on holiday abroad?

You can still make a claim and, as long as your holiday was booked as a part of a package tour through a company in England, then we can deal with the claim for you.

My child has been involved in an accident; can I make a claim?

If your child is under 18 then you can make a claim on their behalf. You would act as their “litigation friend” and would be able to provide instructions for them. At the end of their claim then the settlement would need to be approved by a judge. This would mean that you and your child would need to attend a very short and informal court hearing. Don’t worry we would go with you and will explain what will happen. Your child’s compensation would then be paid into an investment account and would be paid to them when they reach 18.

I claim welfare benefits; will my compensation stop me receiving these?

No. If you receive an amount of compensation that is high enough to affect your benefits, we can provide you with advice about having this paid into a trust fund. This means that your entitlement to means-tested benefits would be preserved.

I have been injured in a road traffic accident but the driver of the other car wasn’t insured, can I make a claim?

Yes. We can represent you and make a claim to the Motor Insurance Bureau on your behalf. This is an organisation that provides compensation to those who were involved in an accident with either an uninsured driver or the victim of a hit and run.