Full Residence Order

Family Law

What is a Full Residence Order?

A Full Residence Order determines where your child shall live and who the primary carer will be, without social services being involved. A Full Residence Order is typically granted when a child’s parents have separated or divorced. The Order will determine where the child will live, following the breakdown of the relationship. A Full Residence Order can also be made in respect of step-parents or other family members.

How will the Court decide who the child should live with?

The Court will assess the child’s welfare when deciding on who the child should live with. This includes looking at the previous care for the child and ascertaining who can care for the child going forward, taking into account their welfare and upbringing.

Do I have to have Parental Responsibility to be granted a Full Residence Order?

You don’t already have to have Parental Responsibility of a child to be granted a Full Residence Order. If you are however granted a Full Residence Order you will automatically have Parental Responsibility allowing you the same rights as those who already hold it (Click here for more information on Parental Responsibility).

What do I need to do next?

If you are worried that this will happen to you and your child or it is happening to you then you must contact us immediately. We can act on your behalf, understanding your situation and working together with Social Services, the Courts and the Local Authority to ensure the best outcome for you and your child.

For further information and advice contact the Ringrose Law family team in Boston, Grantham, Lincoln, Sleaford, Spalding and Newark.

Start your Free Enquiry Form Start a Free Enquiry