Please find below details of our conveyancing fees Buying and Selling. Please note these do vary depending on your circumstances. For a specific quote for your property transaction please contact a member of our Conveyancing team at one of our offices in Boston, Grantham, Lincoln, Newark and Sleaford.
How long does the buying/selling process take?
The average time between instructing your solicitor and moving into your new home is 10-12 weeks. However, many transactions proceed more quickly and some, more slowly. It can depend on when contracts are received or mortgage offers received, or even if people go on holiday.
Stages of the process
The stages vary depending on the transaction and other factors which can arise from each house sale or purchase. A summary below, but please speak to your Solicitor who will explain the process and key steps for you in further detail.
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Check finances are in place to fund purchase and contact lender’s solicitors if needed
- Receive and advise on CIF (Client Information Form)
- Carry out searches (these can take several weeks)
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Make any necessary enquiries of seller’s/buyers solicitor
- Mortgage offer conditions
- Report to mortgage lender
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete purchase
- Complete payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Complete application for registration at Land Registry
Charges may vary below. (please note VAT rate charged at 20%)
Help to buy supplement (Help to buy purchases only)
Stamp Duty Rate
Stamp Duty rate for buy to let property