How do No Win No Fee Personal Injury Solicitors work?
Our no win, no fee lawyers handle hundreds of personal injury claims every year. If you have suffered an injury as the result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, we can help.
Anna’s determination to succeed, her communication skills, and her professional knowledge made what was a very difficult period for me much easier to endure and I would have no hesitation in recommending her, and the firm, as appropriate.
Book a Free, No Obligation ConsultationIf you have suffered injury from an accident that wasn't your fault, or you think you're a victim of medical negligence, contact us today for a free consultation. We'll let you know if you have a case, how we can help and what to do next.0333 3580 393Contact Us
What is No Win, No Fee?
Also known as a conditional fee agreement, no win no fee is the most common way of making a personal injury claim.
It allows you to claim for compensation without any financial risk. If your claim is unsuccessful, you won’t pay a penny in legal fees, either to your solicitor or your opponents.
How Does No Win No Fee Work?
When you hire our solicitors, we will take out an ‘After the Event’ (ATE) insurance policy on your behalf. The cost of the insurance is deferred until the end of the claim, so there’s nothing to pay up front.
If your claim is unsuccessful, this policy will pay your opponent’s fees and write itself off.
If your claim is successful, your opponent will pay most of your legal costs. The insurance premium and any remaining costs will be deducted from your settlement.
This removes all the financial risk of making a claim and means you’ll only ever pay when a claim is successful.
What Type of Personal Injury Can I Make a No Win No Fee Claim For?
We can claim for all types of personal injury on a no win no fee basis. These include;
- Accidents at work claims
- Accidents in public places
- Beauty treatment claims
- Child accident claims
- Criminal injuries compensation claims
- Cycle accident claims
- Dog bite compensation claims
- Agricultural injury claims
- Head and brain injury claims
- Military injury compensation
- Motorbike accident claims
- Road traffic accident claims
- Spinal injury claims
How Much Compensation Could I Get From a No Win No Fee Claim?
Each no win no fee claim is different. The compensation you could receive will depend on:
- Loss of earnings both current and future
- Cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Any modifications to your home and vehicles
- Medical prescriptions
As well as;
- How your injuries affect your life
- The amount of pain and suffering you’ve experienced
- The effects on your mental wellbeing
How Long Do I Have to Make a No Win No Fee Compensation Claim?
In most cases, you have three years from the date your injury happened.
There are some exceptions to this;
- Children – you can claim on their behalf at any point up until their 18th birthday. After that, they have three years to claim for themselves.
- Accidents abroad – time limits vary and are often much shorter than three years.
- A person who lacks mental capacity – times limits don’t apply.
Regardless of time limits, it’s best to get in touch with a personal injury solicitor as soon as you can. The sooner you start a claim, the clearer the events that lead up to your accident will be in your mind. It will also be much easier to gather the evidence needed to make a successful claim.
How Long Does a No Win No Fee Claim Take?
The time is takes a no win no fee claim to settle varies from case to case.
It depends on;
- How complex your case is
- The type and severity of your injuries
- If you can identify the responsible party
- Whether or not they accept liability
For example, a simple broken bone case could be settled in weeks. Spinal and brain injury cases can take years to settle. This is because it takes time to understand how those injuries will affect the rest of your life.
Why Choose Ringrose Law?
At Ringrose Law, our motto is, ‘Where individuals count’.
Everyone who contacts us is an individual, with individual circumstances and needs. That’s why we take an individual approach to no win no fee compensation claims.
Our No Win No Fee Promise
When you claim with us;
- We’ll give you the best initial advice, free of charge
- You won’t pay a penny in upfront costs
- We’ll work tirelessly to claim the maximum amount of compensation possible
- We won’t surprise you with hidden costs
- We’ll recover as many costs from the other side as possible so you get to keep as much compensation as possible
- You’ll have absolutely no financial risk what-so-ever