Children Department

Children Department

“When my relationship broke down, Ringrose Law helped put my life back together.”

Start a Free Enquiry

Children Department

The Local Authority has a duty to intervene and start Child Care Proceedings if there are concerns that a child is at risk as a result of the care that they are being given.

At Ringrose Law we have a large experienced team of case workers who deal day in day out with families who are involved with the Local Authority and Social Services.

We cannot stress how important it is for you to take legal advice even if you think you are managing the situation well with Social Services or the Local Authority. Things change quickly and they do have the power to apply to the Court for powers to make decisions to overrule you as a parent or carer for a child. They can only do this if there are grounds that the child is suffering risk of harm but the Family Courts do not take any risks and if there is even a small element of doubt then they will give the Local Authority the power they need, even on a temporary basis.

Speak to a member of our Children Department

It is important that you inform your solicitor about any problems or aspects of the current arrangements that you are unhappy with and to keep a record of all information about your child Care Proceedings.

The Court will then hold a meeting called a Case Management Conference where they will decide what evidence it will need for the final hearing and will make further Child Care Proceedings.

We are proud to be accredited by Resolution as a Specialist in the areas of Private Children Law and Domestic Violence.

For further help and advice contact the Family Law team at Ringrose Law Solicitors in Lincoln, Boston, Grantham, Sleaford, Spalding and Newark.