How Does Mediation WorkGet more info
Mediation CostsGet more info
MIAMs (Mediation Assessment) – A GuideGet more info
The Mediation Referral ProcessGet more info
What is Divorce Mediation in Family Law?
Divorce Mediation in Family Law involves separating or separated couples, whether married or not, working out arrangements for themselves and their children following a relationship breakdown. This includes custody of children, financial agreements and matters surrounding the family home.
As Mediators, our role is to reduce conflict by helping couples to consider their options for settlement and by encouraging continued parental co-operation.
Our Mediators are based at all our offices in Lincolnshire in Boston, Lincoln, Grantham, Sleaford and Newark.
What Problems can be brought to Mediation in Family Law?
We can help you with:
- Decisions about separation or divorce.
- Financial support on a temporary basis and/or on a permanent basis.
- Housing and property arrangements.
- Arrangements for the continued care of children including visiting arrangements.
This was my first time I have needed a solicitor and I was very impressed with the service and care I was given, especially as I was very dazed with having to cope with divorce proceedings and my then husband’s behaviour. I cannot thank all those involved enough. I am very happy with the outcome.
What is the Mediators Role?
Whilst the Divorce Mediator is a specialist Family Law Solicitor, the Mediator will not give advice, make decisions for you or act as a Counsellor.
The Mediator will
- Be independent and impartial.
- Help you resolve conflict and work towards reaching joint solutions.
- Provide useful information to help you reach informed decisions.
- Help you focus on the future to achieve an outcome that is best for you and your family
The Mediation in Family Law process gives you a safe environment within which to negotiate which can be less stressful than the Court proceedings. The process can produce an outcome that you tailor to your own family rather than having an outcome imposed upon you by the Court.
Our Mediation Services are available from all our offices. For further information please contact your nearest Ringrose Law Office for initial advice. We have offices in Lincoln, Boston, Grantham, Sleaford and Newark.