Personal Injury Solicitors

Personal Injury Solicitors London


Personal Injury Law Solicitors London

One of the most experienced personal injury legal teams in the UK who can help you claim the compensation you deserve. Whether you have been involved in a road traffic accident, accident at work or suffered a personal injury, we are a team of dedicated Personal Injury Law Solicitors ready to help you in London.

Our solicitors assist with your personal injury compensation claim whether you live in London or anywhere else in the UK.

Solicitor and Partner John Knight heads up the Personal Injury department, having over 20 years of experience specialising in Personal Injury and Medical Negligence.

As one of the most experienced Personal Injury Solicitors in the UK, we can help you work out whether you have a claim straight away. Our experienced Personal Injury team will make the claim process as simple and as easy to understand.

David, Review Solicitors

Anna’s determination to succeed, her communication skills, and her professional knowledge made what was a very difficult period for me much easier to endure and I would have no hesitation in recommending her, and the firm, as appropriate.

No Win No Fee Personal Injury Solicitors London

If you lose, you don’t pay. As simple as that.

A No Win No Fee agreement is the most common way of funding a personal injury claim. It is an agreement between a solicitor and their client that, if the claim is unsuccessful the client will not pay a penny towards their solicitors’ legal costs.

For more information on No Win No Fee claims, speak to a solicitor today.

No Win No Fee Cases


What personal injuries can I claim for?

Personal injury cases fall into one of two categories; physical or mental injuries.

Common injuries that you can claim compensation for are:

  • Spinal injuries
  • Loss of limbs
  • Broken bones
  • Head & brain injuries
  • Loss of sight
  • Mental injuries
  • Soft tissue injuries
  • Burns & disfigurement
  • Psychological injuries
  • Injuries caused by animals

If you do not see your injury listed, do not worry. You may still have a claim. Contact us to find out.


What accidents can I bring a claim for?

Accidents can happen in all types of settings and locations.

If someone else was responsible for your health & safety, and they were negligent in delivering it, then you may have a claim.

Common types of accidents you can bring a claim for include:

  • Accidents at work
  • Accidents in a public place
  • Cycling accidents
  • Road traffic accidents
  • Criminal injury
  • Dog attacks
  • Sports injuries
  • Beauty treatments
  • Accidents caused by animals
  • Agricultural accidents
  • Manufacturing & Industrial accidents
  • And more…

We deal with personal injuries arising out of hundreds of individual circumstances, so please contact us to discuss your specific circumstances and we can advise if you have a claim.


Free Consultation

Call us today to claim your free initial consultation.0333 3580 393Call Today

Do I have a personal injury case?

Not everyone has the same accident or the same injuries.

This means it is difficult to say if you have a case or not without further details.

However, there are two tests that most personal injury cases have to meet:

Someone at fault

To make a personal injury compensation claim, you need someone to make that claim against. In other words, someone, that is not you, had to be at fault.

Some examples of another person being at fault:

  1. Improper personal protection equipment (PPE) given to you by your employer
  2. A local authority not maintaining pavements causing an injury through a trip or fall
  3. Another road user not indicating correctly causing a cycling accident
  4. No signage or clear gangway in a store or shop causing an injury from slipping
  5. A defective or poorly maintained equipment at a gym causing injury

Time limit

There is a statutory requirement that court proceedings for a personal injury case begin within a time limit. This time limit is 3 years from the date of the accident; or from when injuries were first noticed.

Exceptions to this rule do apply. If the injury was caused to a child under the age of 18, claims can be made up until their 18th birthday.

Secondly, if the accident has caused a serious injury – such as causing the claimant to be in a coma or suffer from serious brain injuries – then the time limits may not apply.

In special circumstances, the courts may grant an extension to the time limits. However, this is rare and only occurs in exceptional cases.

If your accident happened outside the 3-year time limit, it is still worth talking to our personal injury solicitors as there may be factors that could extend this for you.


How much compensation can I get from a personal injury claim?

Compensation claims are made up of two parts. These are:

  • General damages
  • Special damages

Your general damages will be awarded based on the pain, suffering and loss of amenity you have received as a result of your injuries. Loss of amenity is a legal term that relates to how the injury has impacted your quality and enjoyment of life.

The amount you are awarded will depend on the injuries you have. The more serious and life-altering your injury, the higher your compensation award will be.

Special damages are any financial losses you have accrued as a result of your injures. This can include, but is not limited to:

  • Travel expenses
  • Medical expenses
  • Loss to income and wages
  • Repair or replacement of damaged property
  • Loss of earning capacity if you’re unable to return to your previous role

Your compensation claim will take all these factors and more into account.

To find out how much you could potentially claim, arrange a free initial claim assessment with one of our personal injury solicitors. With the details you provide, they’ll be able to give you an estimated claim value.

Free Initial Claim Assessment


How do I make a personal injury compensation claim?

Making a personal injury compensation claim is based on three areas.

These are:

Identifying who was at fault
Gathering evidence to support your case
Negotiating with the other party to get the right compensation

Failing to get all these areas right could cause you to lose your compensation claim. For example, if you identify the wrong party to claim against, you will not get any compensation. If you gather the wrong evidence, you might lose your case. If you negotiate against the wrong band or injury, you might be awarded less than you are entitled to.

Because of this, it is important to seek a qualified and experience personal injury solicitor to help you make your claim.

A solicitor will be able to correctly identify who was at fault and be able to gather the correct and most relevant evidence. Finally, a solicitor will have the experience and knowledge to put your case together ready for negotiating. All to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve.

Can I claim for an accident after 3 years?

The time limit for initiating a claim is usually three years.

However, there are a number of exceptions to this, including children under 18 and claimants suffering from a mental disability.

Also, with some injuries, symptoms can take a long time to develop, such as with work industrial claims/asbestosis claims. In such cases, the time limit runs from when you were first aware of the symptoms.


Will I have to go to court for my personal injury claim?

It is unlikely.

The majority of claims are decided without the need for a trial hearing. Therefore, it is unlikely that you will have to go to court.

If you do our team has years of experience representing clients at court hearings and will be able to guide you through the process.


What are the next steps?

It is easier than you think!

Many people are put off making a claim because they worry that it might be too expensive or they are unsure if they even have a case.

Ringrose Law can take your case on a No Win, No Fee basis.

What does this mean? It means that if your case does not win, you will not have to pay any legal fees.

But it gets better, even if you do win, we cap your fees to no more than 20% of your compensation. In some cases, your legal fees may even be paid for by the other party.

Free Initial Consultation

Not sure if you even have a case?

You can out for free during one of our initial consultations. This is a free chat with one of our personal injury team that lasts no more than 30minutes.

During this consultation, you will be asked a few questions about the nature of your injury and how you got it. From this, our team will be able to determine whether you have a case and what type of compensation amount you could receive.

The free initial consultation can take place at a time to suit you either via phone, video chat or in person.

Claim Free Consultation


Independent Review Rating:

How can we help?

    Contact Details

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Google Privacy Policy, Our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Further Advice


    The first things you need to make sure you do are report the accident to your employer. They should have certain reporting procedures to follow. If there is a Health and Safety representative at your place of work they should also be informed about the accident.

    If there were any witnesses then get their names and addresses and a brief account of what happened. Witness statements may be required further down the line.

    No. Your employer is not allowed to terminate your employment because you are making a claim for compensation.

    Remember, any compensation you receive will not be paid by your employer directly. Instead, it will be paid by their public liability insurers.

    If your claim is successful and you are awarded compensation, the other side’s insurance company will normally pay all your basic legal costs.

    If you lose your claim then you will not be required to pay a penny.

    This is because all our personal injury cases that are not covered by legal expense insurance are handled on a No Win No Fee basis. This means that, if you do not win, you do not pay a fee.

    If you have legal expenses insurance then your claim is covered. Should you lose, you still don’t have to pay anything.

    If you win your claim your legal costs get paid by the other sides’ insurers.

    Absolutely not. You have freedom of choice of your solicitor.

    Furthermore, most “recommended/panel solicitors” are only recommended because they pay your legal expense insurer for your claim.

    The recommendation is not usually based on quality. If you are tempted to use a panel firm, always ask them if they pay for your case.

    The time limit for initiating a claim is usually three years.

    However, there are a number of exceptions to this, including children under 18 and claimants suffering from a mental disability.

    Also, with some injuries, symptoms can take a long time to develop. Such as with work industrial claims/asbestosis claims. In such cases, the time limit runs from when you were first aware of the symptoms.

    You can claim compensation for the pain and suffering that your injuries have caused you.

    You can also include out of pocket expenses that you have suffered as a result of the accident. This can include items such as; lost earnings; medical expenses and damaged items.

    You can still make a claim and, as long as your holiday was booked as a part of a package tour through a company in England, then we can deal with the claim for you.

    If your child is under 18 then you can make a claim on their behalf. You would act as their “litigation friend” and would be able to provide instructions for them. At the end of their claim then the settlement would need to be approved by a judge.

    This would mean that you and your child would need to attend a very short and informal court hearing.

    Don’t worry, we would go with you and will explain what will happen. Your child’s compensation would then be paid into an investment account and would be paid to them when they reach 18.

    No. If you receive an amount of compensation that is high enough to affect your benefits, we can provide you with advice about having this paid into a trust fund. This means that your entitlement to means-tested benefits would be preserved.

    Yes. We can represent you and make a claim to the Motor Insurance Bureau on your behalf.

    This is an organisation that provides compensation to those who were involved in an accident with either an uninsured driver or the victim of a hit and run.

    John KnightSenior Director & Solicitor
    Phone Icon
    01522 561020
    Richard TeareDirector & Solicitor, Personal Injury & Medical Negligence
    Phone Icon
    01522 561052
    Brenda GilliganSenior Associate Solicitor, Personal Injury & Medical Negligence
    Phone Icon
    01522 561046
    Krzysztof is an Associate Solicitor in our Personal Injury Team
    Krzysztof KozlowskiAssociate Solicitor - Personal Injury
    Phone Icon
    01522 561053
    View the team

    How can we help?

      Contact Details

      This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Google Privacy Policy, Our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

      Phone Icon
      General enquiries: 0333 3580 393Your local office: GrimsbyNottinghamPeterboroughNewarkGranthamSleafordBostonLincoln